We are so excited
that you’ve chosen
to cleanse with us!
We really want you to get the most of this deep-dive into health & restoration! Entering into a juice cleanse with a sense of purpose, intention, and curiosity is like saying a big, whole-hearted yes to your whole-body wellness.
To help prepare you for your cleanse, we’ve put together this
little guide, that tells you everything you need to know.
Feel free to return to it during your cleanse for gentle reminders and valuable pointers.
If you ever have any questions about your cleanse, please don’t hesitate to get in
touch with us. We want to help you feel successful.
Ready? Let’s do this! We think it’s going to inspire you to
step into a healthy, whole-food diet.
The [ stoke ] juice team
For thousands of years, in many different cultures across the globe,
humans have been cleansing in some form or another. It’s a widely-
held belief that offering the digestive system a chance to purify and
reset can lead to long-term health benefits. You might find yourself
with renewed energy, a clearer mind, and greater body awareness.
Cleansing can leave you feeling inspired to continue with a lifestyle that promotes optimal health and implementing a whole-foods diet in the long-term. Everyday we are all accumulating toxins, even those of us with the cleanest diets and healthiest lifestyles! Air pollution, cleaning supplies, and processed foods are just some of the things that contribute to the toxins that build up in our systems over time. This could eventually lead to health problems or chronic illness.
Your liver and digestive system are constantly working hard to eliminate toxins, cleansing offers them a well-deserved break. Cold-pressed juicing is an ideal way to cleanse because the nutrients from the juice are easily absorbed. This allows your body to spend its energy healing and rejuvenating.
Remember, a juice cleanse isn't about deprivation, it’s about a full feast of nourishment. It can be an awesome way to hit the reset button and realign ourselves on our path of supporting our healthiest self.
Doesn’t sound too bad, does it? Let’s dive in a little deeper!
This is our cleanse that is best suited for beginners or first-time cleansers. It has some of our sweeter, more fruit-dense juices for a pop of natural sugars and a ton of vitamins. Some regions may include nut mylks in your cleanse. This level is a great option to find balance and harmony in your body.
This is our most advanced cleanse, and is made up of our most vegetable-dense juices. This cleanse is a deep-dive into the detoxification process. It will work hard to purify your body from the inside out. Each one of our juices is cold-pressed with care, just for you!
Before & after
The days before and after your cleanse are just as important – if not
more so – than the days you’re actually cleansing. They prepare your
body for the detoxification process so that you can get the most
out of it. During these times it will be really important to eliminate
certain foods, while focusing your diet on others.
For optimal results we suggest adopting this plan about a week to ten days before and after your cleanse. However it is okay if you can’t make that happen, just do the best that you can. While certain foods are eliminated, focus on celebrating and enjoying what you are eating.
Craving simple sugars and salt is a normal part of this healing process. Make sure you eat often as these cravings will intensify if you let yourself get too hungry. Try to eat seasonal and organic whenever possible.
- Organic vegetables and fruits
- Whole grains (preferably gluten-free)
- Beans and lentils
- Wild-caught fish
- Lean, organic protein
- Nuts and seeds
- Healthy fats (avocados and coconut oil)
- Anything processed
- Anything fried
- Soy products, including items that say soy protein isolate on the label
- Alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- Nightshade vegetables: tomatoes, eggplant, sweet & hot peppers, paprika, potatoes
- Red meat
- White sugar
We’ve compiled a list of our favourite practises while cleansing. Feel free to return to these throughout your cleanse when you need a little reminder or inspiration! We feel that the following ideas can aid the detoxification process, help your body restore, and rejuvenate itself. It will better your chances of feeling amazing as you move forward post-cleanse.
Things to do:
- Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water. You can
throw some slices of lemon or ginger in your
- Drink herbal teas to help you feel warm and nourished. Ginger is especially helpful because it supports the immune system and heats the body from the inside.
-On that note, staying warm is really important during your cleanse, especially during the winter months. Make sure you wear lots of cozy, soft clothes, and aim to keep your neck covered, where a lot heat can escape from.
- Get plenty of sleep. We’re talking no less than eight hours. Make sure your days are restful instead of stressful. This doesn’t mean you need to put your life on pause, or call in sick to work. Not at all! You can still go about your day-to-day, but take care that you aren’t rushed, overworked, or overly busy.
- Self-care is the name of the game during your cleanse. Book a massage and indulge in a hot bath with Epsom salts and lavender essential oil. Enjoy a sauna and sit down with a cup of herbal tea and a good book.
- Be gentle with yourself. It’s totally okay – and also very normal – if you find yourself getting a little bit lethargic or irritable while your body adjusts to cleansing.
- Exfoliate! Remember, your skin is your largest organ, and it plays an important role in the detoxification process. You can try dry-brushing or use exfoliating body scrubs in the shower or bath.
- Avoid strenuous exercise. However it is still important to move your body with gentle workouts. Try a gentle yoga practise or a long walk in the fresh air. High-intensity cardio workouts, powerful yoga practises, or anything where you really have to exert yourself is best kept for the week or two after your cleanse.
These are some of our favourite, go-to recipes for before and after cleansing. They are all healthy, plant-based, nutrient-dense, and - most importantly! - delicious. They’ve been designed and created by Alicia from The Gathering Co., right here in the Kootenays. Alicia is a chef and foodie, she has a huge wealth of wisdom when it comes to health and nourishment. All the recipes below are full of nutrient-dense foods that will help aid your body’s detoxification process. These are just ideas, so take what you like and leave what you don’t.
- Start your day with a big drink of lemon water.
- Stay hydrated all day long. This is important before, during, and after your cleanse!
- Take time to chew your food really thoroughly! This will really aid digestion. Once you start paying attention to chewing you might realize how little of it you were doing it before!